For the second year in a row, the Skyline Group of Companies was selected as a finalist for the 2015 Private Business Growth Award, presented by Grant Thornton LLP and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
The award celebrates private businesses that put sustainable growth at the top of their agenda. We were selected for our leadership, innovation, market development and ability to build a successful private business that plays a pivotal role in our hometown community of Guelph, ON-and beyond.
“Growing a successful, sustainable private business is no easy feat-but it can be done,” said Phil Noble, Executive Partner and CEO, Grant Thornton. “The purpose of the Private Business Growth Award is to showcase companies that are getting it right-fearlessly introducing new product lines and entering new markets, developing new employee engagement strategies and demonstrating different models of leadership – setting their businesses up for long-term success.”
An eight-person jury used growth across the following five criteria to select the finalists:
- Innovation: Developing new products and services, bringing old products to market in a new way as well as improving the efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes.
- Market development: How they go to market and expand into new domestic or international markets.
- People and culture: Investing in their people by helping employees learn and develop as a critical part of overall growth.
- Strategic leadership: How they interact with partners, stakeholders, their succession planning and community involvement.
- Improvements in financial measures: Ensuring revenue growth and improvements in profitability.
“When Canadian businesses get the edge on their competitors, they create new jobs and generate greater prosperity for communities across the country. Those that grow strategically by looking past the next quarter raise the bar for others to follow and deserve to be celebrated. This year’s finalists are examples of companies that are building a Canada that wins.” said Hon. Perrin Beatty, President and CEO of The Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
Skyline and all of the finalists were celebrated at a gala evening in Toronto on November 25, 2015.