It was a cold and rainy morning on September 12th, 2019, but that didn’t stop more than 300 investors, suppliers, and friends of Skyline from attending a great day of golf, food, and prizes at our 15th annual Skyline Charity Golf Classic.
The Charity Golf Classic is Skyline’s largest annual fundraiser, with the proceeds split among our three key charity partners in Guelph, ON:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guelph
- The Children’s Foundation of Guelph & Wellington
- Shelldale Family Gateway
At this year’s tournament, we proudly raised over $146,000 in a single day for these charities. The funds were split into three $35,000 cheques, with the remaining funds going toward additional charity initiatives throughout the year for these worthy causes.
Since the golf tournament began, we’ve raised nearly $1 million total, with every single dollar going toward kids and families in need.
“With the ongoing support from Skyline, including their Charity Golf Classic, we’re able to continually serve more than 700 local children,” said Mike Treadgold, Executive Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Guelph.
“We match local youth with a trained adult volunteer mentor that helps them achieve their full potential. Skyline has an incredible culture of charitable giving, and we wouldn’t be able to have such a profound impact without their support.”
Our roots go deep in the city of Guelph, where Skyline was founded, and we have made a commitment to give back to the community that helped build the Skyline business from the ground up.
We want to extend a huge thanks to:
- Our generous tournament sponsors, and our investors, for their support and participation in the tournament.
- Our charitable partners that do so much good for children and families in the community—we are truly proud to be partnered with such incredible organizations.
- Our Skyline staff for their enthusiastic volunteer efforts at the event.
- and Granite Ridge Golf Club for hosting the tournament for the fifth year running.
Find out more about all the amazing things our charity partners do by visiting their websites below: